Forty-Five Verses: Timeless Silver



Silver is timeless, traditional, and just says "grace" all over it. Just as sure as it can be beautifully shiny and elegant, it can turn dull and tarnished. What a contrast! Since I have always been a big fan of silver..it would be safe to say, I decorate with it quite often. And by decorate I mean myself and my house..smile! I remember when the trends went from gold to silver and I transitioned to BIG silver earrings (my ear lobes say "total 80's earrings"), bracelets and necklaces. I still have so many of those pieces because they really don't go out of style. And my house has atleast one silver item in each room I can tell you without taking inventory. My wedding china is trimmed in silver. I have silver trays hanging on my dining room wall. And then there's mercury glass which looks silverish, love that too. We surround ourselves with things we like, that reflect our style. 

Though I don't own any real expensive silver pieces, the value and beauty has become somewhat of a signature. I am drawn to the task of polishing a dull piece or adding some shiny in dark spots, and finding different ways to incorporate use such as putting flowers in a small, silver pitcher. Just yesterday I was shocked at how tarnished the trays on the wall had become but with a little polish they had their shine back! Does this remind you of anything? It reminds me of our value to God. How He wipes us clean from our "tarnished" lives of sin and polishes us up to shine for Him and His glory. And the grace. The unmerited favor He gives us over and over.It's timeless. Always there. He uses us all for many, many purposes. He is our signature. Jesus. Surround yourselves with that which reflects Him, people, place and things..smile.  We are to be as these silver pieces, in every room (everywhere), a reminder of the love, grace, mercy, and beauty of Jesus. 

"For you, God, tested us; you refined us like silver." Psalm 66:10

Day 105 Today's Verse.."Now thanks be unto God, which causes us to triumph in Christ, and makes manifest the Savior of his knowledge by us in every place." 2 Corinthians 2:14

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture