Forty-Five Verses: A Colorful Day


The weather here in Birmingham yesterday felt like a summer day in April! That being said, I selected my  green and navy Easter dress (with a tinge of excitement) to wear out of town for work today. I was right on time, set to go, head outside to get in the car and.....BRRRRRR! Oh no! It felt like the end of winter again. It was too late to go up and change so I decided to brave it and be on my way. I got almost there and realized I needed gas, so once again I was quickly reminded that I clearly did not watch the weather this morning. That was the longest "fill up" ever. BRRRRR!

At my first stop, I opened the  trunk to grab something and then I saw it. Thank you, Lord...My bright red coat ....that had most likely been there since Valentine's Day deliveries...what a treasure!Now a little warmer (and happier..smile) I waltzed into the building and into the elevator. As soon as the doors closed, there I was..a sight to see..THE MOST COLORFUL OUTFIT EVER! Think Circus outfit. Oh dear, I could not stop laughing at myself, there I stood in my green and navy graphic print dress, big pearl necklace and a red coat..oh and a TherapySouth royal blue color bag on my shoulder! Let's just say it made for great conversation in every office (and some giggles) and I had a terrific day!  And I was warm. I hope you are laughing! 

I started thinking about this whole predicament start to finish and as always, God gave me some sweet nuggets. Every day is different. Seasons don't skip seasons, even if you get a little glimpse of it before time. God always provides the covering we need. When you are desperate, you really don't care how ridiculous you look. Don't take yourself so seriously, laugh, it's good for you! When you are in between seasons, be prepared to make changes on short notice. Life goes more smoothly when God is running the show, not me. Checking the temperature via phone or TV is now on my radar (my Mom taught me better than this..lol). And last but not least, I didn't check the weather but I sure did check with the weather Maker...I thank God that I read the "good news" via my bible and was filled up and ready to overflow! What an unexpected fun, "bright, truly bright day!  "This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24 

REJOICE and BE GLAD
Day 104 Today's Verse...
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture