Gather Together

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; 
there I have continued my faithfulness to you." Jeremiah 31:3

Dining Room After 2017 (pink balloon remnant from party)
Hey there, friend!
Here's a little glimpse of the  "before and after" happenings in our dining room. It is still a work in progress but I am enjoying the transformation so far! All new trim, hard wood floors and paint color (Revere Pewter, Sherman Williams) were added during the renovation ...I added some chalk paint and mercury glass knobs to the buffet:) This is the first room you see when you walk in the house so I want it to be welcoming and bright!

Dining Room Before 2015
This room was used by previous owners as the living room but I chose it for the dining room because it is a bigger space and I pray that there will be lots of "gatherings" in this area. That was one of my hopes when we moved that I would have a big enough space to host not only dinners, but to have bible study around the table. Food is essential, both natural and spiritual, we NEED both!

I envisioned it in my mind. A large room, right when you walk in the door and large table, if nothing else in the room, a table with plenty of chairs. And let us gather with God's word to do this thing called life together...at the table. It's so important to stand on our prayers and listen for the discernment of God voice. The world is sure to throw confusion and chaos into any plan that could possibly bring about peace, safety and most certainly freedom, to God's children. I have learned to be more alert, more armed in the word and to politely put up my "rose colored glasses" forever, no matter the cost. The cost ends up on you when you do not stand on what the Lord instructs you to do. Obedience is vital. Opposition is waiting. BUT GOD IS GOD. We have the victory...so let's gather!
Dining Room Before 2015

The space is not much different except for the furnishings, which I am continually updating and that just takes time. It's so interesting how most of our furniture just didn't fit or go with this house. Either the scale or style was just not working. Life is like that when seasons change. Everything in it changes, doesn't fit so removing and replacing takes place. That's the mighty hand of God moving us for He and only He, knows what's best! 1 Samuel 16:7 says "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
Dining Room After (in progress) 2017


So, what in the world am I waiting on? Let's gather together. Just step right over those tools in the middle of the floor ( our basement is being finished as I write, more updates on that soon)  or the rug that is now rolled up to be cleaned, due to our doggie issue. Yep, we live here. Yep, it's messy. If we wait until our homes and hearts are perfect, that time shall never come. And years ago I couldn't rest until my house was magazine photog ready, ummm, and I wasn't even blogging then!! No thanks. I do love a clean, straight house, but in this season of life I am more about staying healthy and keeping my life straight rather than my house!Praise God for deliverance...smile!

My door is open. At the table. On the floor. At a Restaurant. On Facebook. Wherever the Lord leads. The space is not the issue, our souls are. God loves us so, honor, praise and Glory to Him for all that is to come. Amen.

Curtains! Can't wait to get these up..coming soon!


Live intentional and boldly in 2017!! Have the best day!
Blessings,
Suzanne



"Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might." Ephesians 6:10


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture