Forty-Five Verses: We Shall Survive


Survivor's Day 2010
It was one of those days. Glory to Glory to Glory. Almost hour to hour, I would have a moment of victory then a moment of resistance. Back and forth it went all day long. Only one thing consistent...the Lord's mighty hand, carrying me from one place to another. To see who He had planned this very day, to talk to who He had planned his very day, to pray for and with who He planned this very day. And reminding me of the power, His power and His authority that live within me. I made a decision to trust Him. We have to choose. My life verse is Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding but in all ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight". Leaning not to my own understanding is that part the should be in bold letters (underlined and highlighted..lol)! You see, I have a Lord, I need not be my own. He knows me, He loves me, He has forgiven me, He will make my paths straight, I must trust Him. To trust means to be so secure in what the Lord is doing that I don't even have time to add my doubt and question over His plan for my life. And you know what I see? Just as I did today... Him raising the dead. Bringing healing to the broken hearted. Burying the old, raising up the new. And He can only use me when my eyes are locked....locked tight on Him...not the swirling winds of distraction and disbelief...locked on the healing, releasing, miraculous power of Jesus. I shutter thinking of how I tried to live without Him, thankful for His grace in mercy.

We are all survivor's in this thing called life. Don't waste your story, don't waste the opportunity to point to the One who is always there, who pulled you up, who helped you out, who healed your body, who delivered you from destruction, who is your Father, friend, comfort, peace, joy, very present help and much more! Breast Cancer is just one of my survivor stories but truly, nine years later, I can still testify that He raised me from the dead, both physically and spiritually. Every day it seems I hear of another person facing a new diagnosis, a recurrence or more treatment. I will never be able to step away from this peer group, nor would I want to do so. If there is any hope that I can offer from my experience, being quiet about it won't help a soul. Not a single soul. So scars and all, We are called to bear one another's burdens and comfort as we have been comforted. We are called to pray and believe in the word of God that says "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all." Psalm 34:19 He is the Lord that forgives and heals (Psalm 103:2-3).  "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. " Hebrews 13:8 

Be a blessing to someone else, lock your eyes on Jesus, share your testimony and keep fighting the good fight of faith! I appreciate you stopping by today..smile! Whatever you are going through..just remember we are all in it together and we shall survive! Praise God, we win with Him, here or heaven!

Blessings,
Suzanne


Day 81 Today's verse...
"By His power God raised the Lord from the dead, and He will raise us also."
1 Corinthians 6:14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture