Forty-Five Verses: Hosanna




"They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, "Hosanna!" "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Blessed is he who comes in the name in the Lord!" "Blessed is the king of Israel!" John 12:13

 Can you imagine the scene in John 12, Jesus has raised Lazarus from the dead and days later he had drawn a crowd  as He came into Jerusalem. The word Hosanna is an expression of adoration, praise or joy. The  crowd was throwing down palm branches and yelling "Hosanna" in great excitement as Jesus came in on a donkey. The Pharisees were lurking behind telling Jesus to make the people calm them down. I mean how dare they worship and get that excited over the King of Kings! The very one they were worshipping would be the one they crucified on the cross days later. The one who humbly took their place, paid the price for their sin, died and rose again three days later. To me, the hardest part of the resurrection is thinking of the process Jesus had to endure. The persecution, the suffering, the Gethsemane agony asking "please take the cup from me" but finally THY WILL BE DONE. There will always be opposition but not without victory. Victory in Jesus. Hosanna...we adore you, we praise you, Jesus you are the joy in our life. Hosanna!

I hope that you are reflecting on Jesus this Easter season! Focusing on the resurrecting power and authority that we have within us from the Holy Spirit. Perhaps this has been the best year of my life to experience the extravagant love of Jesus and His wonder working power. I can't help but think that I would be grabbing a palm branch and putting it down for my Savior, my Lord. He laid down His life for mine. I pray that I do the same, die daily to self and follow Him. Hosanna, Hosanna in the Highest!

Day 99 Today's Verse...
"May the God of hope fill you with joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture