Forty-Five Verses: Tis So Sweet


'Tis so Sweet to Trust in Jesus (lyrics)

"Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.
Just to take him at His word
Just to rest upon His promise,
Just to know, "Thus saith the Lord!"

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh for grace to trust Him more!

I'm so glad I learned to trust Him,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend
And I know that He is with me,
Will be with me to the end.

Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood
And in simple faith to plunge me
'Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

I have always loved this song. I remember singing it in our little church congregation growing up. However, the lyrics didn't  run as deep and wide like they  do  now, as a grown up. "Just to take Him at His word." I take Him at His every word. I don't need to try and figure out..is this you, God? I take Him at His word.  In the morning, noon and night, as I stroll through this life of mine, I take Him at His word. I don't have to do more or strive more, in obedience, I take Him at His word. Grace, mercy and love. Sweet as can be, 'tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him."
Psalm 34:8

Day 58 Today's memory verse: "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

Sweet sleep and sweet Jesus, and a maybe just little sweet chocolate ...makes for a beautiful day! Enjoy

Blessings,
Suzann




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture