Forty- Five Verses: Stay on the Wall

I was waiting at the Library tonight to pick up Luke when I looked right in front of me and saw this wall. It reminded me of Nehemiah... I have always loved and been inspired by that book of the Bible. It's the one tucked in between Ezra and Esther in the Old Testament. Nehemiah was called to rebuild the walls  of Jerusalem. Just as with any assignment God calls us to, Nehemiah faced challenges with enemies. Using their best tactics of discouragement, discord and depletion these enemies, Sanballet, Tobiah, Geshem and others tried to get them to stop work on the wall. And they were persistent, trying every trick in the book to get them off of that wall, off their assignment, off track, and off to calling it quits. Nehemiah was not having it, he stood his ground and that wall was built in fifty-two days! "The wall was finished on the twenty-fifth day of Ehul. It had taken fifty-two days. When all our enemies heard the news and all the surrounding nations saw it, our enemies totally lost their nerve. they knew that God was behind this work." Nehemiah 6: 15-19

Does this sound familiar? Has God called you to an assignment and you are constantly bombarded with opposition? Well, stay on the wall! Don't quit. Don't give up. Keep building. Keep moving forward. Do the thing He is calling you to do. Start today. One step at a time. Who knows it may take less time than you think...fifty-two days sounds pretty good to me..smile!! God is good, all the time!

He is with you, He will never leave or forsake you. What He calls you to, He will carry you through, trust Him! When I detect the enemy, ruthlessly trying to get me distracted or disconnected, I may look in that direction a minute but thanks be to God that I don't fall for same ole tricks...I have learned to steady myself with the word, get the prayer soldiers in place and stay on the wall! Keep me there, O Lord, Amen. And when it's done, it's done. How about you? I hope you are reaching higher with the Lord and pursuing the dreams and assignments He has given you!

Day 61 Today's Verse...
"I say to you:Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Luke 11:9

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway