Forty-Five Verses: I Was Here

2009
For some reason I woke up at 3:00 am this morning, wide awake, and thinking about, actually praising and being so thankful that life looks so different than it did nine years ago. I normally don't think much about the day of surgery. But memories started flooding in...the last shower with my body in tact as God made me (and before those awful drains..lol), giving stuffed animals to the kids to have while I was in the hospital, my parents and their friends beating us to the hospital and praying for me in the waiting room, waking up from the five hour surgery and seeing my family and friends, and one memory stuck with me a while (at 3am...)......

Gets me every time. The picture of myself lying on that operating table with my arms extended on each side. As if in Full Surrender. Removing the cancer. And being sewn back up to heal. Just as the cross, arms extended, sin removed, healed. Jesus. I just kept thinking of Jesus. And what He did for me, what He did for you. On that cross. And that He rose again. As did I. Thank you Jesus for the power of your healing. Amen.

So today, I was at St. Vincent's for work and after my appointment I walked the long hall to the South Tower where I was nine years ago today. I stood there in the hallway looking down at all the rooms and prayed over those who were there. That they too would be healed today. I will never forget my second day in the hospital. My Mom went out into the hallway with me so I could try and walk. I took a few steps and then I noticed the sign pointed to where my room was...ONCOLOGY. I remember staring at it and thinking "how can this be...that I was here...in the oncology unit..at thirty-six years old? I have a life to live. Babies to raise. " Yet I also remember feeling a peace that transcends all understanding, and I mean any and all understanding!I was here...and I had peace. God was there today just as he was then. And so was the peace. For your Glory, Lord. This is your story!
YOU ARE GOOD!

Day 50 Today's Verse..
"Every good gift and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

Blessings,
Suzanne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture