Forty-Five Verses: Hungry For More


For the most part, we spend much of our day either thinking about what we are going to eat or actually eating. It does take up three meals plus snacks and that right there is a huge portion of the day! We eat to fill our basic need of hunger and to celebrate or if we are bored, you get the drift. I made a decision this year to do a twenty-one day fast. I have done fasts quite often over the years, praying through situations, but never for this many consecutive days. And as it goes, I did not say much about it unless someone asked me to lunch. I fasted from food until three o'clock each day. Can I just tell you that it was one of the most precious experiences in my forty-five years...and most days I felt completely full! I was filled, I did hunger, I was changed...all by the presence of God. I prayed more than let my thoughts be so focused on the next meal. I read and studied my Bible more and pressed in to see what His word said about my daily happenings. And I enjoyed the meals and food that I did eat because it was treasured not just taken for granted. They were more satisfying and carefully selected each day.

 I felt close to the Father who supplies all our needs. I felt close to the Prince of Peace who calms the storms. I felt comforted and loved by King of Kings and felt like an honored guest at His banquet table. I noticed that I felt better because the Great Physician had me detoxing from all the junk I had previously been feeding my body. I expected my life to look different after spending three weeks of the fast. It was not about giving up food, that's a diet. It was about denying myself, taking up my cross and following Him. Thank you, Jesus for filling me full. Keep me hungry for more. More of you, Jesus. Amen.

Blessings,
Suzanne

Day 53 Today's Verse...
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." Matthew 5:6


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence