Forty-Five Verses: Daffodil Bouquet

February 2018

The daffodils are already up and blooming but after the storm mine were all drooping and had fallen over. It was the perfect time to pick my "fresh flowers"  out of my own yard, even the broken ones. They were as vibrant as the ones still standing tall they just not as visible because they were now on the ground. Those were the ones I wanted. The chosen ones. Not discarded, but chosen.  I knew they still had beauty to behold and would be better enjoyed inside, in a vase, on my table...smile.

To be knocked down by the storms of life is certainly a given for all of us in this fallen world. But thank the Lord our God we don't have to stay on the ground, defeated, unable to get back up...we as children of God are chosen. Chosen by the One and only, Jesus, to be placed inside the body of believers and serve. Wilted stems and all. Beauty from Ashes. The beauty is from Him anyway. Our stems are able to dip into the Living Water, which never runs dry. We are refreshed and nourished in the Word and fellowship of others in our "bouquet" this spring season.

Sometimes our fresh flowers are in our own yard, other times at the grocery store or florist. The key is to keep your eyes open so you know where God is leading you  in every season. And always always notice the flowers that look beaten down or trampled, for they are perhaps the ones who will brighten your bouquet the most. Their humility shines through in grace and wisdom. That of which cannot be bought. Choose as Jesus would choose...add Living Water...place in community...serve others! Broken daffodils yield beautiful bouquets!

Day 75 ""The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall  I be afraid?" Psalm  27:1

Blessings,
Suzanne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture