Forty-Five Verses: Dad's Eightieth Birthday

Celebrating 80.. May 20, 2017
I have heard my Dad talk about Billy Graham my whole life. He has read me many excerpts from books he was reading and told stories of watching him on TV. A legacy. Billy Graham was a household name that gave hope to the lost and shared the gospel of Jesus Christ to people all over the world. God used him greatly for many years and so many souls were saved at his crusades and even in homes as they received Christ through his invitation on the TV screen .Billy Graham was ninety-nine, what a long life, prosperous life in the Lord! 
I am thankful for his impact and also for my Dad who has so faithfully shared the good news to thousands over the years. He turned eighty last May and we threw him a party that over seventy-five guests came to celebrate him with food and fellowship! If you know my Dad at all you love him. He's the most gentle, caring, God loving man I know! And he also loves to visit with people. So instead of a big show for his birthday, he went table to table talking and visiting with all his friends and family.  He still says it was the best day of his life. Sweetest man, I tell you. He really did not want the party, never likes attention on him, but we had to celebrate eighty well lived years! I never got a post written on the party and how appropriate to write it on the same day to remember one of his favorites, Billy Graham. Dad, like Billy Graham, walks the walk, not just talks the talk. He is always serving and thinking of others, not a selfish bone in that body!

 I happened to think one day how nice it was to have a father growing up, that pretty much...every day was a good day to him..no matter what was going on..he always found good in something. And he has always made me feel safe and secure. What a blessing! Even to this day, a hug from him turns any gray sky to blue and a sunny one brighter, it's the joy of the Lord that has always poured out of him! He's the best listener there is too! My life has been rich because He has always given me Godly wisdom, it's eternal, not as the world gives, but life changing and life giving. 

Just a few weeks ago, while meeting up with him for coffee at McDonald's, he shared a few stories and recited Psalm 121 from memory that he learned in high school. Dad always points us to the Word  of God and points us to Jesus! So, I am a eighth months over due on this tribute but am truly who I am today because of your example, encouragement, love and consistent walk with Jesus. Thanks, Dad! Happy Eightieth (and a half..smile) Love you so much!

"When we come to the end of ourselves, we come to the beginning of God"
-Billy Graham

Day 70 "For God is love and he who abides in love abides in God and God in him." 1 John 4:16  

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture