Forty-Five Verses: Unanswered Prayers

Do you remember the song by Garth Brooks "Unanswered Prayers"? It is a song about a relationship but the lyrics "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers"...that can pretty much sum up any area of life where we see God's sovereignty outweighing our instant need for happiness. Some of my prayers, okay, alot of my prayers over the years, have been to remove me from painful situations. Just get me out, Lord. It's a pretty little "good christian girl "way of asking for permission from God to avoid anything that may hurt or hurt someone else. Avoidance. And it does not work, by the way. It only puts off the inevitable. It produces more stress, anxiety and worry. Until the Lord began to bring deliverance from this avoidance issue in my life.....via a heavy dose of conflict resolution topped with some not so comfortable boldness...I would just  pray that God would "take it away" or even worse make the excuse that I would deal with things at a better time.  The pain. The hurt. The betrayal. The Nonsense. The Apathy. The expectations. Whatever the situation.

 And then He opened my eyes, to the fact that it was time to take hold of my own deliverance and let go of every one else's. Let them fight their battles, let them go to God, pray yes, fix, no. By the way, they weren't asking me to fight for them or petition to God, codependency had a huge grip on me. Praise God for the victory over that. Whew, a lifetime of fixin' is sure to wear anybody out. It took alot more than forty-five verses, me and God walked through many a book of the bible on that one...smile!

And now I have my own version of Garth's song but the lyrics are still the same. "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers." No doubt about it, He knows best. His timing is perfect. There are no coincidences in this life, God makes no mistakes. Did you hear that? God makes no mistakes. He uses every single thing we go through to show, grow and sometimes slow us. Slow us down, that is. Take away the distractions and just focus on Him. I know look at pain very differently. I am mainly referring to say a hurt feeling or misunderstanding. Physical pain also brings about the same result. I look at as an appointment with God. He has everything needed to take care of it.

 He is the
 I AM...
Great Physician
Comforter (John 14:26)
Friend ( John 15:15)
Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6)
Very Present Help in Time of Need (Psalm 46:1)

Living free in Christ is where all the walls fall and you continue praise the Lord, better yet, you begin to see His plan come full circle and you enjoy your life without the walls! This is place I long to dwell. So far so good. I no longer need walls I need open space. Lot's of free space..to dream, live, enjoy and love, sharing the One, Jesus, who is the King of my Heart!

Day 38/45 Verse for today....
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance." Jude 1:2

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture