Forty-Five Verses: Overloaded

Overloaded with Laundry....
You could have never told me that doing a load of laundry every day for a week would make such a difference. Yes, I am serious. The key is doing the load, folding it and putting it all away each day.  This way you are not spending all day Saturday and Sunday doing laundry (which I was at times). Or having a mountain of laundry on the guest bedroom bed that caused heart palpitations every time I passed (twenty-five times). And my laundry journey was going so smoothly....I was staying on top of it.... until Friday. And Saturday. And Sunday. Oh no, what happened? Way behind. Then it hit me, that the feeling I had was actually quite normal because I have lived with it so long. Stress. Not simplified and orderly like last week, but messy and stressful. I decided to make that one change for a couple of weeks and just see how it went. Voila! I got off track, but that washing machine  has been rocking since I got home this afternoon...gotta get back on track! This is yet another wonderful tip from The Simplified Life by Emily Ley. You have to get this book!

So, this got me thinking about quiet times or daily time of prayer and reading your bible. So many have asked me how to get started and how I have kept it up for almost twenty years now..every..single..morning. It started out much like my new laundry journey. I would have a yearly devotional book, my bible and journal in hand as soon as I woke up in the morning. I started slow maybe fifteen or twenty minutes a day. Now, on most days I wake to the alarm at 5:00 am until 6:00 am atleast and usually have to make myself get to a stopping place and get going on my day! There's just so much I learn and take away from that time and most importantly, I put on the armor of God (see Ephesians 6:10-18) to cover all that is ahead that day! When you are spending time with God every day, you don't have to play catch up like I am doing with laundry today. And you are prepared for the unexpected, the surprises  and the even the rewards of your God-given day. Most days, I read a chapter of the Bible, a devotion, write down prayers and capture praises and everyday events from the day before. My journals will be the inheritance for my children to see how their days were prayed for and probably how they were spent. To see that God is the One who carried them through every season! I encourage you to make a small change this week to ensure you have a designated time with God each day. Just like the laundry, you will find a sense of order and peace when you stick to it!

We begin again today with the first verse of "Forty-Five Verses." "For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever." Romans 11:36 


Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture