Forty-Five Verses: Old Rugged Cross

This rugged piece of art hangs beside my bed and has a story. We all have a story (or two or three) don't we? I bought it from a vendor who sells tin pieces at a weekend market. She said the board it’s on came from their old barn and they crafted the tin cross to overlay. It has a rusted hanger, chipped paint, is on uneven wood, imperfect in every way and I simply love it! I am really focusing on surrounding myself with the things that have meaning, that bring me joy  and doing some major decluttering of things just taking up space. I am committed to sticking with it as long as it takes this year. I worked on a drawer a day in the kitchen last week and threw out all kinds of stuff ! I always say "my house looks straight but please don't open a drawer or a closet!" Smile...

Just like my little piece of wood art, I have a story. An imperfect person, that loves and adores a perfect God. Perfectionism is such a hindrance to living the life God planned for us. I struggled with it for years. After going through a cancer diagnosis, God set the record straight. I surrendered the perfect house, the perfect parenting, etc and chose to see every day as a blessing from Him. A blessing that didn't need to be squandered away cleaning, just to clean again...doing this activity and that activity, just to end up worn out...on and on. The blessing was realizing that I wanted to be the one to make my children's lunches, take them to school, show them good work ethic, alway,, always tell them about what the Lord is doing in my life on a daily basis, have some kind of dinner cooked or availablr, spend time with my husband, have spontaneous outings, just relax,  for goodness sakes. I had to take a hard look at what was important. I chose time. And I chose to step over, look over and get over alot of messes...lol!!

I am so thankful for the rugged parts of my life that have made me who I am. An imperfect, very southern girl, who is madly in love with a perfect God. He is everything I need and more! I am holding fast to Him in this journey of 2018, and so excited at seeing Him work in the lives of people in my path. Every. Single.Day. What about you? How is your new year going? Thanks for stopping by to read today!

Every Day Is A Blessing!


Day 25/45 Today's verse...

 "As for God his way is perfect: The LORD's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him." Psalm 18:30

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture