Forty-Five Verses: Nine Years Cancer Free

First 5k  in 2014 at my 5 year mark:)
It was January 26, 2009. I had just walked back in the door from dropping off my third grader and kindergartner at the elementary school. I walked straight in the door and stopped quickly and stood still. Out of my mouth....very loudly...I said....
 "Beeee Stillll and KNOW that I am God!" I stood there silent. As if waiting on God to respond. Nothing. Silence. Yet still. A few seconds later (felt like hours) the very same scenario...Out of my mouth....very loudly...I said...."Beeee Stillll and KNOW that I am God!" Only louder this time as if God did not hear me. Still nothing. Yes, it was strange, nothing like that had ever happened. Just me and God.  I stood there. Waiting. And then as if sitting across the table from a friend, I said in a soft tone "I am still...and I KNOW that YOU are God." No sooner than I said it, the phone rang. You know those things we used to have hanging on our walls? The landline telephone?  It rang and it startled me. I walked into the kitchen and said "Hello." On the other line I hear "Hey this is Dr Fischer's office we need you to come in today instead of your scheduled appointment tomorrow, can you be here at 2:00?" I knew then...my life was about to change.

I have plenty of  posts on my story and videos on my facebook so I won't go back over all the details again. What I am really focused on this year, as I move FORWARD, is knowing HE is God. It was that message, that verbal message, His word said back to Him that vibrates in my heart and soul today. I know that He is God and He is still on the throne and in control. Of every breath, every step, every day, every relationship, every challenge, every victory, every miracle, every single solitary thing. He is God. And when the enemy comes with his schemes, he has to flee because I am submitted to God, His authority. He is the father of lies but our God is the way, the truth and the light.! Don't fall for it. In all your getting, get understanding. Pray for it, fast, believe and KNOW He is God. There is nothing hidden in darkness that does not come to the light. The light of Jesus. I am thankful that I recognize when darkness is trying to shade the light "no weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me," Says the Lord." Isaiah 54:17 "For God is not a God of confusion but of peace." 1 Corinthians 14:33 When you are faced with the unthinkable, always always look for the peace of God, confusion is not from Him. Stand guard the enemy prowls like a lion.  If any lesson was learned, especially in those first few months of battling cancer, "So is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

So in this ninth year, my prayer is to be FIERCE AS I MOVE FORWARD. Forward in knowing HE is God. Rising up and reaching out. Reveling in all the restoration. Remembering that without the pressure there would not have been the purpose. Restarting the fire of encouragement. Roaring like a lioness. It's time. Nine years, thank you Jesus for being able to declare "nine years cancer free." I will not take it lightly. I am still. I know you are God. You have led me "Through Every Season"......and great is your faithfulness!

Day 42/45 "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture