Forty-Five Verses: FORWARD IN 2018

Happy New Year..welcome 2018!!I am bringing my song of Joy on into this year. Some years I have been so ready to shut the door on a year and truly have a "do over" the next year, this was not that year (thank the Lord Jesus). Yes, like any other year it had ups and downs, but overall I would say 2017 goes in the books for a good year! I chose the word "FORWARD" to literally push me through this year, enjoying and embracing all that it has to offer.

When we are moving forward there is no constant looking back. There's no stopping. Maybe a little rest here and there but not complete stops. There is a destination. There is a goal in sight. There is the present moment. There is the best guide along the journey you could ever ask for...his name is Jesus. I dare not ever take the steps forward without having my armor on, my eyes fixed on Him and prayer throughout my waking hours. It is exciting to think about going forward. As Galatians 2:20 says "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. "  2018 is the year to truly live by faith and not by sight. To pray more, love more and choose joy again and again!

It has been very cold here in Alabama and I chose to stay in my PJ's all day and attempt to "start" putting away Christmas. I am taking my time on that too. Two rooms down, can't even think about how many to go..choose joy, remember? I also took some time to write down on index cards the sixteen verses we have covered so far.  I figured if that was my most effective study method in college and I have passed it down to my kiddos (even with quizlet, they still do index cards)...then surely at forty-five I can memorize these verses in a year! I hope you will join me...hide His word in your heart this year, make an intentional point to memorize some scripture. The word is alive! Joy to the World! Thank you for stopping by today!

Day 17/45 ...Today's verse...

"May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; Establish the work of our hands for us-Yes, establish the work of our hands." Psalm 90:17

Blessings of Joy,
Suzanne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture