Forty-Five Verses: For the Birds

Sunday mornings are my favorite day of the week. They are less rushed, a time of preparation for corporate worship and for a new week. I mean, my cup of coffee even tastes better on Sunday..haha..just kidding. But I savor it. I never set an alarm but always seem to pop up at my normal wake time. 5:00 am. Sharp. Like clock work.

Lately I have enjoyed time out on the deck, writing in the fresh air, before all the morning rush of "Sunday church traffic" starts. I stepped back inside to warm my coffee up for the umpteenth time because you know, I have twelve yeti stainless cups but I just love the feel of my coffee in a ceramic mug with just the right holder. It's the little things. Or OCD one. I love to stand and look out the kitchen window at all the different birds congregating at the bird feeder. They looked like they were sharing. It's a big feeder, there's enough to go around. There were two doves, a lady cardinal and a few others joined. There was a chipmunk on the fence , staking out the gathering and maybe get some overflow of seed. How many times have  I glanced out that window and not even taken the time to watch these little creatures.  Oh the benefits of slowing down a bit. Thank the Lord that He reminds us He cares about everything He created.  "Even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Matthew 10:30-31 

I sat back down in front of my laptop and began to write. And then I hear it. A very distracting and repetitive noise. Hmmm. /What on earth? Oh, it's a woodpecker, another bird but not the silent, eating out of the bird feeder, looking cute kinda bird! It was loud and relentless. Like a dripping water faucet. And I couldn't see it but there was no escaping the sound of that TAP TAP TAP,etc!!! Boy was I ever thankful when things went silent once again....however... what happened is it made me stop.

That is what a distraction does. It makes you stop. It interrupts your work, task, day even and makes you stop and become disabled. Unable to focus. Forget things. Become anxious. Albeit this was a brief distraction and I rebounded quickly..smile. Distraction is one of the tools the enemy uses to get us off track, especially if we are chasing after God. He will do anything to stop us from going forward. And he uses what he knows will cut to the heart. "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; " John 10:10 . Talk about ruthless. Hmmm. Not for long. Let's talk about Jesus. The second part of that verse says "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." I learned years ago to recognize the distraction for what it is..spiritual warfare...it's not necessarily easier..I am able to identify the "tap tap tap" quicker than I did with the woodpecker and go straight to the Father in prayer. He will fight the battle. I wrestle through at times but truly, I know that God will work it out. Whatever "it" is. However long it takes. Even if it isn't the way I thought. And always in the right timing. Fight with His word. It does not return void. It is the truth. Lord, help us turn to you and away from distractions. For us to engage in the foolishness of the enemy is simply for the birds! And I think even they would fly on off! Thanks be to God who causes us to triumph!

Day 27/45 Today's verse....

"No weapon formed against you will prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgement You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me," says the Lord. " Isaiah 54:17

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture