Forty-Five Verses: Chilly Weather, Hot Soup

Since it's twenty-eight degrees and below here in Alabama, I wanted to make something for dinner to warm us up!Easy Potato Soup came to mind and I had all the ingredients here, even better... I savor a day that I don't have to get in the car!. I have wanted to break out the new Instant Pot all week but never did. I have a confession.... I don't adapt to change easily. I can't tell you how many times I thought to myself "just use the crockpot, or just make this on the stove, you know how do to it that way." Can you say comfort zone? Ugggh. I did not want to try something new, even if it meant it would make things easier, even if it meant faster...in an instant..lol!!! The day buzzed by with my simplified life quest.. decluttering and sorting, but I was struggling.... with making the soup...in the instant pot?

The battle was surely in my mind. It was getting late and we had all eaten leftover lasagna at different times anyway so I had almost talked myself out of soup. Yep. Avoidance. Procrastination. Put that change off one more day (and think about it for the next twenty-four until it rolls back around..haha). Jeff walked into the kitchen, completely unaware of my instant pot woes, and says "hey, do you want me to help you with the instant pot? Busted. Not today. "Yes, please, will you get it down and just kinda show me how to use it?" And he did. And I made the potato soup. And it is delish! Best news is we can have it after church with grill cheese for lunch since everyone had eaten. Guess I  just needed that little nudge. Even if we don't tell anyone what's going on in the battlefield, God knows. "But I, God, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be." Jeremiah 17:10, MSG  He always shows up and He always pushes us through, the choice is ours. I chose to see this as a "God wink." Trying something new proved to be the icing on the cake of a delightful day. Says the girl who likes to cook and clean for some off reason. Smile!

The root of my instant pot woes was fear of the unknown...change, something new, something different.  Fear keeps us from doing things that will move us forward.  At this point in my life, I am just calling it as it is...calling it out...casting it out. Perfect love casts out fear. Being truthful with myself and others and most importantly, truthful with God...call it OUT.  I am accountable to Him at the end of the day. At the end of this life. My desire is to please Him above all and that can sometimes mean a wretched fight against this flesh of mine! How is it that such a Father would shed light on any place in my life that had the potential to hold me back? He is God, He is love, He calls us His own. He goes from glory to glory to glory to glory. Amen.

And by the way, I have already said "2018 is the year without fear!" Since we are only fourteen days in...I consider this a test. However, I am "instantly" reminded of this promise "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1. Let my fear only be reverent to God. Let it be the beginning of wisdom. Let it be the year without fear. Move forward. There is so much ahead! His mercies are new every morning, great is His faithfulness.

Instant Pot Potato Soup

Diced Potatoes  (6 large or 10 smaller)
3 cans chicken broth
salt and pepper
8 oz. cream cheese, cubed

Cook first three ingredients instant pot for 30 minutes. (I just pushed the soup button;). When potatoes are done stir in cream cheese. Voila...add your favorite toppings such as shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, sour cream, chives, etc....Soup's done.

Day 30/45 Today's Verse...
"The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall  I be afraid?" Psalm  27:1

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence