Forty-Five Verses: All Smiles

There is a "full circle" reflection on the picture?
There were blue skies and sunshine today! As I traveled out of town for a work day trip I found myself pulling over to take a picture of this gigantic white cross that I have passed so many times. It was like a full circle moment a day before my nine year cancerversary...smile! I listened to podcasts on the way, just basking in messages about the hope of God. Normally, I use traveling as talk time, catching up on work calls and although I had a few brief conversations, I mainly just listened. Beheld. Prayed. Worshipped. PRAISED. That is a big one. Praise!

I was in a high-rise physician building at the elevator and I heard a lady say "Chemo is not immediate". I then glanced at the directory and saw ONCOLOGY in big letters. She and I were waiting on the elevator and I said "I thought I heard you say the "C" word, I have had it and tomorrow I am nine years cancer free." It just kinda popped out..haha. She gave me the biggest smile, obviously from the looks of her outfit, aka scrubs, she worked there. She said " thank you for telling me that, I needed to hear it today, it's nice to see someone that is doing well. To tell you the truth, sometimes it is just so depressing." I totally understand. I told her how much I loved and adored the nurses that took care of me. I told her I had the "red devil" chemo and I sure did think that the Neulasta shot had devil as it's middle name for the pain it caused, she laughed about that. However, it did it's job, all of it, alongside the Lord and Here we are...elevator door opens, we go our separate ways. I continue working. Out in the blue skies and sunshine I go, taking it in. Full circle.

 My next stop was in another physician building and I was waiting to talk with the receptionist when I saw a lady walk up to the desk and ask where Dr. So and So was. I had just been there and was tempted to help (I know, can't help myself) but I refrained and waiting to carry on with my call. They were not allowing anyone back  so I headed back to the elevator. The lady walked up and I said "go straight up to floor four and turn left, I just came from there. I heard you ask and wanted to tell you but didn't want to yell across the office." And then she gave me the biggest smile, like the nurse I had just met. "Thank you for you smile today." she said. "It is nice when people smile at you and are friendly isn't it?" I said. "Yes and I just believe that God puts us out in places to meet new people and if they don't know Him, we should tell them about them..." I smiled and said "Well, I know Him and I love Him very much!" We continued to just kinda stood there...I felt a connection with my new friend in her cute little Tweety Bird sweatshirt. God does that ya know? Well, I am Jackie and what's your name, I will pray for you and you pray for me. I gave her a hug and we go our separate ways. I finished working. Out to the parking lot, now to journey back home. Full Circle.

Back home, early enough to spend some time with the ones I love dearly. I thumbed through my day planner from 2009, just for the sake of reminding me of God's faithfulness........


To look at and briefly recapture how the day's were filled with doctor appointments, people bringing us dinner, picking up laundry, taking me to appointments, surgeries, chemo, people lined up to take the kids places...a reminder of God's faithfulness. WOW. I never want to lose sight of the healing that took place and the process He walked through with me to refine and restore me.  I never want to shove it under a rug and just not talk about it.... because like that nurse today ,that needed some good news, a lift to keep caring for those patients, God will use it. So don't stay silent. Share your story. Always share God's faithfulness, you never know who may need it that day, it is not about us any way, it's about Jesus. Everything points to Him. And keep smiling. I didn't even realize I had smiled at Jackie, but I do know this, it was the overflow of God's word heard on my road trip. Days before my cancer diagnosis the Word was really all that soothed me. And really for this past year I have been back that place, saturating myself in bible study, books and podcasts. Full Circle.

God never wastes suffering.
-Warren Wiersbe

Day 41/45 Today's verse..
"In this world, you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
                                                                        John 16:33
Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture