Forty-Five Verses: When Seasons Change

Christmas Cards ...2018 
 I am still holding on to Christmas. I have, however, cleaned off the kitchen table, but I am still getting a few more addresses for my cards. A few years ago, I implemented what I call the "every other year plan" for Christmas cards and that has taken a wee bit of stress out of the holidays! And deciding to  leave my decorations up until New Year's Day allows me to enjoy them the whole month of December. I just don't want the season to change until January one. It will change though......

Vintage Santa from Mom..Christmas 2018
This waving ceramic Santa has brought me so much joy this season! Growing up, he came out every year and housed candy canes. I failed to fill his bag with the candy canes, as Mom as did, but he sure did look cute in my kitchen...smile! As much as I try to hold onto to the holiday season, I know that the season is changing (has changed, I know). In just a few short days, everything about our home will look completely different. It always feels a bit bare right after Christmas. Yet, it is a time when I evaluate what is working and what is not. Most tables get a new look, and some of the furniture is moved around. We live in our house. Every inch of it. So I want it feel warm and cozy. Mainly, I want the atmosphere to feel that way. This has been the season...from Thanksgiving and through Christmas... that the Lord has opened up our  house. Finally.  It has been such a blessing.

With the new year approaching, as I evaluate and overhaul my home, I will do the same for my spiritual life. In retrospect....it's been a year of pulling in and letting go. Pulling in closer, letting more go.  Pulling down strongholds (2 Corinthians 10:4) and letting go to the point where it can only be God.  Pulling up roots (Matthew 15:13) and letting them be. Pulling my own wagon and letting others pull theirs.  Pulling away from what is toxic and chaotic and letting that space be filled with who and what God ordains. Pulling off anything that is weighing me down (Psalm 55:22) and letting it be laid down at the foot of the Cross. Pulling forward in a new direction and letting forgiveness rule my heart (Ephesians 4:32). Pulling together tightly what is important and letting God teach me how serve and pray  (1Thessalonians 5:16).  The thing about God is He is always pulling in, but do we embrace His love?  He is never letting go of us,  (Hebrews 13:5) but do we let go of Him?

 There is such freedom in looking back at all the goodness and faithfulness of God in 2017 with a peaceful heart and mind! There is sheer determination to do all He has set before me to do in 2018..when the season changes, it changes.  His ways, His timing, His Glory. Amen.

Day 14/45 Verse for today....

"And do not be conformed to this world; but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is good, and acceptable, and the perfect will of God." Romans 12:2

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture