Forty-Five Verses: Wait and See


Boston-Snow 2017

When I went to bed two weeks ago I really was not expecting to wake up and see the beautiful white landscape. Yes, there was talk of it and some prediction but here in Alabama it rarely occurs. I was up before it was light but I all I could see was white. And then it started. Huge flakes. More flakes. Snow, an unexpected blessing. I  think I was just as excited about staying in my PJ's and pouring another cup of coffee. I was in need of some stillness and rest. Mind and body. I waited as long I could before I woke the kids up, I didn't want them to miss it!Five and a half inches, not bad! Our dog, Boston surely enjoyed it! Defintely a highlight of 2017!
The "snow cat" by Abby and Luke 2017

Reflecting on the "snow day" reminds me of this season of Christmas and the story of waiting on the Messiah. The whole scenario was nothing like anyone would have predicted. The Son of God, born to a Virgin in a yucky ole stable and placed in a manger aka trough! Yet it did happen as predicted and it had the greatest impact on the world thereafter.  Luke 2:1-20 tells the story of the birth of Jesus.  We now await the second coming of Jesus...expecting it! Glory, oh what a day that will be!

Wait and See



Home Sweet Home 2017


Verse for today.....

#6 "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6


Blessings,
Suzanne


 P.S. How are you doing with memorizing your verses??




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture