Forty- Five Verses: Unexpected Blessings

I love Christmas tradition. One of my favorites is our annual Cookie Swap at the Shaw's. We have attended for years and it has become part of our Christmas week tradition. I make the same treat every year,...rolo pretzels. I was running a tad bit late today (imagine that) and started them about noon... for the 1:30 party. They are super easy and pretty quick, the most time consuming part is unwrapping all the rolo packages! To my surprise...Abby and Luke aka "rolo unwrappers" helped me pull it off and we all loaded up ....in the same car....to swap some cookies!  We had a great time visiting, eating and swapping... then braved the Christmas rush the rest of the afternoon. I told them both it felt like Christmas had come early for me....it's been a long time since the three of us went Christmas shopping. Or have been together a whole afternoon for that matter. I will take it, such a fun day! What a gift!

Just as I loved and adored spending time with my children today, the Lord longs to spend time with us. The more time we spend reading His word, studying it, praying and listening, the better we get to know Him. The The more we can glorify Him. The more equipped we are to tackle the day. The more we are prepared for the good, bad and the ugly. We experience the joy that overflows from what He reveals. We live out our faith. We  give thanks in and for all things because we realize everything comes from Him. We learn to expect the "unexpected blessings" like the gift I received today! Pure and simple, God is good, and he gives good gifts to His children. He gave us the greatest gift ever in His Son, Jesus. To think of how much he loves each one of us is overwhelming. But do, think on it. He's a good Father. And how blessed we are to be children of God, sons and daughters of God.

Another tradition I love is putting up our "handmade ornaments" tree. It is downstairs in our new den and the boys thought they needed to present it.....
Christmas 2018

Verse for today....

#7 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."
 Matthew 5:6

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture