Forty-Five Verses: Sweet Sleep


I take my sleep very seriously. And I may have been told if I don't get my sleep I am not much fun to be around;) I go to great lengths to ensure a good night's sleep...sound machine+ear plugs+eye mask+lavender oil+a daily walk. Yes, crazy I know. It didn't start out that way. I have added and added until I need no other gadget to be added to my night time regimen. Being a light sleeper, any sound or movement wakes me up. Light keeps me awake. So every night I go through my little routine, in hopes of getting some much needed rest. And I didn't add that I am usually the first one to bed and the first one up in the morning. Anyway, my friend Deborah texted me these two words one night (and many after now) SWEET SLEEP.. with today's verse "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

Sweet sleep. Those words have stuck with me. I say them to my children. I text them to others. And I love the promises God gives us in that verse!  Sleep in peace. PEACE. Not chaos, not anxiety or fear but peace. The Lord alone MAKES me dwell in safety. Therefore, there is no reason to fear, worry or stay awake trying to figure out what I have already prayed and asked for Him to help me with that day. Easy as that, right?  There are so many people I know that struggle with getting a good night's sleep. I have turned this verse into my nightly prayer and yes, maybe one more thing to add to my night time routine..haha... this is the perfect reason to memorize this verse..Psalm 4:8... as part of our forty-five verses. God designed our bodies to have a time of rest.

Funny thing is Jeff and I talked about it last night before bed and we said the verse out loud.  Guess what? We both slept great last night. Try it. Write this one down and put it on your nightstand. I pray that you sleep in peace and feel safe and very rested when your eyes pop open in the morning! Speaking of...it's passed my bedtime. Sweet sleep!

Day 12/45...today's verse ....

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8
Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture