Forty-Five Verses: Star Access


Access to the stars is quite easy in this day and age, I mean, social media has taken "star struck" to a whole new level. It's no longer the movie and TV stars or the musicians...reality shows, politics and you tube have made people into stars with the click of a button. It is just where we are. It's quite easy to get caught up in minutes, then hours of looking at the lives of others. It fills our time and it fills our mind and before you know it, stars take the place of our own life. The one we were meant to live. The one that God created us to live out. We "follow" people on all social media networks just to see what's going on with them when truly...we have access to follow the ONE and ONLY star...Jesus Christ. Not just go to church, check off the boxes, offer up a prayer or a 911 to Him here and there but access ....ACCESS....to the King of King and Lord of Lords. No star shines brighter than one filled with His love and grace. Don't get me wrong, I love supporting stars and their talents, I follow them too,  I just never want to make anything or anyone into an idol It's so easy to do these days, Lord help us!

I pray that because of Christ followers people will want to SEE the star (Jesus) and what is going on. It's been happening that way for thousands of years but goodness, they had to wait days walking to the next town to tell others about Him, we can do it in a second!! Don't believe me?Open up that Bible and read for yourself.  Better yet, do that anyway, it is the only truth you can count on...smile!!!
Away in a Manger Christmas 2018

I made a decision last year to begin to  follow people on Instagram and Twitter that put scripture and quotes on their feed. What a difference it is to scroll through and fill my heart and mind with that kind of "feed" mixed in with everything else. What we take in will eventually come out. We begin to look and sound like who we spend the most time with and these days, it may just be our "feed." Ouch. It has been life changing. For me 2017  has been a year of being intentional. I ask the Lord to fill me with Him, more of Him, less of me. His fullness has overflowed far beyond what I could have imagined.   More than anything, everyday access through prayer going to the Father and asking what He wants me to do for Him, for His children. That is my prayer every day. And when I get off track and want to just sit and scroll...remind me, Lord, to seek you first and your righteousness. I am star struck over you. Simply giddy, star struck at the year of 2017 YOU have given me. "By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures." Proverbs 24:3

Christmas 2018 Foyer

 Years ago I worked through Beth Moore's Bible Study "Breaking Free" with a group of ladies. 2008 to be exact, almost ten years ago. I had a quote written down in a journal from that time and bible study and came across it this morning.

"Healing begins when we recognize how vulnerable those empty places make us, tally the cost of filling them with useless things and seek wholeness in Christ alone."
 (Breaking Free, Beth Moore, p214)

Look up and reach for the Star, He is always there! Shining Bright, and His Light will shine, eternally shine!

Verse for Today... Day 8/45....
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him, endured the cross." Hebrews 12:2

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture