Forty-Five Verses: Begin Again

When my birthday rolled around this year, I knew something would be very different about forty-five. Forty-five years old. Wow. That morning began as all others, at 5:00 am...with....

coffee+bible+journal+pen+"Experiencing God Day by Day" devotional+a cozy place on the couch+an open heart and =my quiet time. 
The best part of my day. 

In this season of life, there's just not much consistency anywhere in my life...EXCEPT this... every day... you will find me here. Every day I find Him here. Early morning, time with the Lord. God's word says "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 With all my heart, I seek Him. And not one time did I not find Him. I have said before that writing is kind of like oxygen for my soul and though I write (journal) every morning, I have missed sharing. Perhaps that is where I started with the title to the Post, as a declaration...or...because 2017 has been one of my best years yet! Surely I praise the Lord for it..smile! Joy, peace and fellowship have flooded my heart and soul beyond what I ever thought imaginable! God is good, always, He is good. It's been a wonderful year in the Lord. So thankful!

I have learned,over the years, that growing in the Lord means changing, transforming, sanctifying, intentional heed and prayer, lots and lots of prayer. In fact, if you asked me why this has been one of my best years I think that would be my answer. I have prayed more. Not just "Lord, please help me, crisis prayers" but intentional communication, intercessory prayers for all those connected to me. Prayed with and confirmed in God's word. I basically talk to the Lord more. LOL. So, if you are at a place where you feel as though you want to grow (never, ever be content with staying the same) in the Lord...start with this simple prayer as I did "Lord, teach me to pray.""One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples." Luke 11:1

 Since my birthday in November I have wanted to begin this journey. And here we are. So for the next forty-five days, forty-five verses. One a day. There is so much power in ONE. Focus on One. Give me One. One day at a time. With and for the One and only, Jesus. Long to hide His word in your heart. To literally "KNOW THEM BY HEART."

Fill us Lord, with your word,
 that's number one on my Christmas list this year...

What about you? Would you like to join me? Here is our first verse ...1/45....
One idea is to write it on an index card....

#1 "For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever." Romans 11:36


Christmas 2017

In a time where we are spending so much time choosing just the right gifts, I pray that you will open this one, from the One and only, a little early and begin. And tomorrow....Begin Again!

Love and Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

On Your Mark