Forty-Five Verses: Christmas Eve 2017

I love that Christmas Eve was on a Sunday this year! Our church service put all of us in the Christmas spirit, reflecting on the real meaning of love and family that begins and ends with our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Christmas Eve at a2 Church 2017
It seems we have had a little more family time this year and as my littles are now bigger, one near leaving the nest (sniff, sniff)...it's funny how we have done all things Christmas! I am so thankful...
The elves even made a "one time" appearance and brought tiny cereal boxes..why in the world I let them get a new elf and reindeer each year is beyond me..lol! Now we have a huge bin full of them. Thankful I don't have that every day in December anymore. But I enjoyed a day or two!

Abby's Gingerbread Train 2017
Abby made a gingerbread train and Luke attempted the house but decided to wait on his sister...it's still in the cabinet...smile! And we finally, after all these years, drove around and looked at Christmas lights. I forgot how fun that is...

Christmas 2017
I took this picture because as a little girl I always dreamed of having a staircase and coming down to see what Santa brought or you know that whole scenario of a wearing a prom dress coming down slowly to meet my date... way too many movies probably, but it was just always something I desired. It was important to me when we were looking for a house and I have to say that I have really enjoyed the staircase since the renovation. A little God wink for me as I snapped the picture last night before heading up to bed. It reminds me of the verse "Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

Well, this is an updated post because as I sat down last night to write my computer screen went blank. I couldn't load any pictures and I just decided to do what I could from my phone. Let it go. Went to bed and let visions of sugarplums dance in my head...not really..was worn out!I really wanted to capture our Christmas Eve. We had a steak dinner around the dining room table and opened our traditional one gift. God has certainly blessed us this year in more ways than I ever thought possible. He has held me close to His word and promises and brought great meaning in my life "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous ; be strong." 1 Corinthians 16:13. All to Jesus I surrender. All to Him I owe.

Merry Christmas Eve to you and yours!


Verse for today.. 9/45

“Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.”
Psalm 48:1

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture