Seven Years Today...Cancer Free

"He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our sins; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed."
Isaiah 53:5

To God be the Glory for all He has done over the past seven years in "our" cancer journey! 

Cancer has become a distant memory for the most part in our family, but the power of the testimony that has come from my going through it...stronger than EVER! There has been so much fruit brought forth in the kingdom through this process. You could have never told me that I would have the courage to continue to speak so boldly and go public with such a private battle. That's because I didn't, God did. It certainly has not been easy, but it has been worth it. Ironically, almost daily I share my story, either someone amazed at God's healing, asking me how I am now or needing hope to get through a rough situation. There is always hope in Jesus Christ. 

As I am always quick to say, my healing came here on earth, though I was prepared for healing in heaven. So many I have known have been healed that way. And either way we WIN the battle over cancer when we are believers, we spend eternity with our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. Today I honor my fellow warriors today as well, those who have gone before me, I can see so many of your faces and remember the encouragement and strength you gave me. Cancer connections bring a bond that can't be described in words, only with the heart. What a blessing!

I began reading through and studying the book of Acts this year, in the mornings. I have been camped out on a story in Acts 3 titled "A Lame Man Healed". It has significant meaning this week!

Acts 3:1-10
"Now Peter and John went up together to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour.2And a certain lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms from those who entered the temple;3who, seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, asked for alms. 4And fixing his eyes on him, with John, Peter said, "Look at us." 5 So he gave them his attention, expecting to receive something from them. 6 Then Peter said, "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk." 7 And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up, and immediatley his feet and ankle bones received strength. 8 So he, leaping up, stood and walked and entered the temple with them-walking and leaping and praising God." 9And all the people saw him walking and praising God. 10 Then they knew that it was he who sat begging alms at the Beautiful Gate of the temple; and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what happened to him."

 I hope you will read and find hope! It was through the power of Jesus that Peter and John brought healing to this man who had suffered so long. They go on to tell the people a few verses down that it was not them but He that healed him. "And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which comes from Him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all." Acts 3:16 It's as if I say these words to you today, walking and leaping and praising God, He has made me well! There is POWER in the name of Jesus!!!



2009

2016
Glory to God in the highest, peace on Earth. 
I celebrate the Lord today for He is GOOD!!!!!!
Love to each of you!

Blessings, 
Suzanne

P.S. I would love to hear your story of hope, please share a comment today!! 

Comments

  1. Has it really been over 7 years since I answered my front door to Jeff's gorgeous faux mane of luscious locks and your even more beautiful smooth perfect head? That was one of the most fun nights shared with you guys - dance party and brownie ice cream sundaes in the dark after losing power! Your spirit was all the light we needed! So thankful for you and celebrating with you - woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture