Christmas Day

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit who is from God that we might know things that have been freely given to us by God...But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 
1 Corinthians 2:12,14

Pic of the day..Dad in his new hat!
Merry Christmas! I have said many times, post after post, how different this year has been. And why would I think that the holidays would be any different? I did my shopping (all of it), three days before Christmas. Jeff and I  found ourselves painting the dining room right up until the Christmas Eve service last night. I was still putting out decorations this morning, just because. I wanted the manger  set out on the buffet, the one that I got out every single year growing up. I never really had a good place to put it at the other house. It seems perfect to begin our first Christmas in this house with the good news displayed as a reminder. "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is called Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11


These two rooms have been under repair for weeks and in the eleventh hour, they pulled it off, umm we pulled it off. Nothing like a deadline. Though it didn't feel as stressful, just freeing to know that we would be able to enjoy the work that has been done. 


So though it looks a little "minimalistic", there is still another phase to come after the holidays. Popcorn ceiling removal:) For now, the walls look wonderful and a there's a wish list for furniture. One day at a time. One step at a time. Relating every bit of this house journey to my walk with Christ.  I have been surprised at how much I have been able to let go of in this process. Only God. It has looked nothing like what I had imagined.  Made me think about long ago, when people were imagining a king to look way different than a baby in manger. My focus is to be on Christ and not the circumstance. Now that's a blessing!


Nonna and Pop, Gigi and Papa, all grandparents accounted for our traditional Christmas breakfast (brunch this year). And then just lots of sitting and drinking more coffee, a few presents and stories!



First Meal in the new dining room! We moved it to the front of the house and sitting room in the back..I love the light from the window shining in...His light!


Jeff  and his elves put up Luke's basketball goal before the rain started! We opened all our gifts at the crack of dawn this morning, very fun and peaceful at the same time to see Abby and Luke enjoying their gifts. The morning was different from my normal quiet time, yet I felt I was able to live out what I read, pray and write in the mornings...
Love.
Family.
Faith.

The den was trashed (and still is..smile)

And I did not get any great pics of the kiddos..atleast none they would let me post (I totally get it.)


Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! Those rascals woke us up at 6:00 am (can you believe I was still asleep, must have been that midnight Christmas decorating that did me in ;))

Day#359 Christmas on Branchwater Lane

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture