Cancer Survivorship Video Interview Today

  "But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, 
do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry." 
2 Timothy 4:5

Young Breast Cancer Survivorship Network Video Shoot 2015

"I am at a great place!" are the words that ended my interview about Cancer Survivorship today! Almost seven years later, what a relief to be sitting there. Restored. This video shoot was set up like a "where you are now" after treatment, surgery, etc. I was one of seven participants and number seven, I must add. For me that was very appropriate going into my seventh year of remission from breast cancer. 

The answers to questions came pretty smoothly, as this whole process still seems fresh at times.  I remembered that there is truly always a purpose in any pain. That as I walked through the diagnosis and treatment with other women, I saw and felt the emotions through the eyes of a caregiver and realized just how hard it was on my loved ones. Every valley and victory was an opportunity to grow closer to my Savior and to share that hope with those who came after me. Memory lane today. If only for forty-five minutes, it breathed life into my Spirit to move forward in all the Lord has in front of me. It is His story through me. All the days of my life.

Sharing our story brings connection 2015

When asked what helped me the most I said my faith in God and writing. They are actually one in the same to me. It was and continues to be part of my daily worship time with Him. Conversation. Praying and recording my daily occurences, concerns, scripture, quotes and insight from the Lord fill up volumes of written journals. For anyone going through a journey, not just cancer, I strongly encourage you to take out a notebook or journal and start writing. Maybe you just start by putting a scripture down, a prayer request to Him, or record what is going on right now. I promise you, as you look back on that and read your own words, you will see the hand print of God. Grief, betrayal, job loss, divorce, loneliness, depression, financial distress...whatever it is you are going through...begin to journal. And surrender time to God to study what His word has to say about it. Don't worry about what it sounds like, just write. 
Completely talk with my hands! 2015 

I won't give away all I said. However, I will give a praise report that I didn't freeze up on camera like I have in the past. You know this chatter box.  I can talk to almost anyone, I talk for a living but put me in front of a camera and I am a disaster..haha! To my surprise it was a very  laid back interview and there were only a couple of retakes! Most of all I love that my story will be interwoven with six other young breast cancer survivors sharing their stories. 

When we connect with others and their story, there is HOPE. 
There is so much hope. Hope for today. Hope for eternity!

I want to thank the Young Breast Cancer Surviorship Network for the opportunity to participate in this video! I will share it with all of  you in the Spring when it comes out on their website!!

"You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them and you listen to their cry."
Psalm 10:17

Day#353 Life comes full circle over and over
Blessings,
Suzanne



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture