Get Your House in Order:Worlds Collide

"My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20

Megan and I at the Trussville Chamber of Commerce Lunch 2015

Sometimes your worlds collide. My "collision" today landed me at a work lunch with my longtime bestie, Megan. I got an early morning call asking if I could go, on short notice, to the Trussville Chamber of Commerce lunch. Funny thing is, I was so excited to have something planned for me (I plan at work, plan at home...planned out!) On the way there, I called Megan to see if by chance she might be there today. "Ummm, yes, I am at the front door." Music to my ears. What a treat to see her and catch up. She's a breath of fresh air that always fills my need for good old friendship love!!Of course, she knew everyone there, so that was a plus. Work and friends. I love it when they collide.

In my quiet time this morning I was reading the passage in John 11 about Martha and Mary and the death of Lazarus. Mary and Martha. Uh oh, do I need to revisit, Lord? (haha) Years ago I did a bible study on Mary and Martha and can certainly be characterized by both at different seasons of my life. I went back and read Luke 10:38-42:"Now it happened as they went that He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house. 39 And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus feet and heard His word. 40 But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore, tell her to help me." 41 And Jesus answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. 42 But one thing is needed and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her."

Most days lately I find myself longing to be Mary, lingering there at His feet, studying the word, writing down scripture (it's how I learn:)), journaling (or blogging), sharing stories, praise music on repeat, being still, any and all. Other days I am over serving, too distracted, minding other people's business and troubled. But guess what? I am sitting at His feet, just in a different way. I am listening to either pastors on the radio or flipping through three praise channels (in the car aka my mobile office). I am writing down scriptures in the morning and trying my best to remember them or bring my journal with me. I am even writing down my concerns or talking them out with the Lord (if you see me talking to myself) rather than dial-a-friend instantly to HEEEELLLP! I still get distracted but I am going to Lord faster and asking HIM to help me focus. I am setting healthy boundaries when I start saying too many yes'. I am recovering from taking everybody's inventory and focusing on my own. I am holding myself accountable to keep fighting the good fight of faith. It takes looking in the mirror every day and keeping my eyes on Jesus! And quite honestly, just like today...the Lord surprises me over and over with His plans. What a blessing!

How about you, do you have any thoughts on Mary and Martha?

Day #329 Surprises make me happy
Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture