Get Your House in Order:Rain or Shine

"The Lord will guide you always...
you will be like a well-watered garden."
Isaiah 58:11

Jeff, Abby, Boston and Clover, 2015 (Boston's Birthday)


I had some company tonight when I sat down to write:)  They were kind enough to let me snap a shot, missing Mr. Luke who was downstairs. Wow, was it a rainy, wet day here in Birmingham! Do you remember what it was like as a kid to kick your way through the water puddles? I did a little kicking, not so much by choice but to get to my destination. After a while I had to laugh because my pants legs were drenched and my hair was "flat as a flitter" as my Mom likes to say. One man passed me and exclaimed from under his umbrella "you think it's gonna rain?" I just smiled and said "Yes, we might as well sing in it." Thank the Lord he didn't take me up on it! 

We have to have rain. Every day can't be all sunshine and blue skies. So what do we do when it rains? We cling to shelter,  stay inside away fromthe falling showers and occasionally we find ourselves singing in it. I am trying my best to live in the present moment. Whatever the day holds, follow through with only what is within that twenty-four hour period.  So if it rains, I grab the umbrella, a raincoat and boots and if the sun is shining I go for the black Jackie-O sunglasses...rain or shine...I put on the armor! (See Ephesians 6) In all things, give thanks. If God is for me, who can be against me? Greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world. Seek first the Kingdom of God and all the things will be added to you. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. All of these scriptures come to mind very quickly as I focus on Just today. Not the weather. Not the circumstances. Not the unknown. 

Rain or shine...

"The Lord will guide me always, I will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
What a blessing!

Day#328 Sing in the rain if only in my head

Blessings,
Suzanne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture