31 Days of Pink: Back to Life

"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." so we say with confidence, " The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid."
Hebrews 13:5-6 

Pink Flower from my walk today:)


"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us." 2 Corinthians 4:7


Not of us, Lord but to you, your glory. My first oncology checkup was....NORMAL. That's what she said "you're blood work is all normal." Funny that is just what I said to the nurse when she asked how I was doing "back to normal." I have promised the Lord that I would never take this lightly. I am reminded that "I will never forget your precepts for by them you have given me life." Psalm 119:93. I am only the earthen vessel filled with His power, pouring out what He has given me.  He's given us life and what he desires most from us is our life, our surrendered life. Whether normal or not, well or sick, rich or poor, we have life. Amazing that my normal this time last year was all about the cancer center. Now I have come full circle.

 And while we are praising about normal...when I look in the mirror now I see only a short hair style, thick and curly, bangs, and GROWTH!! It is becoming more of my new normal, not a sign that I am sick. I am well and my hair speaks for itself. You know it's not about the hair, it's about the growth! Ironically, as I rounded the corner to the waiting room, there sat a confidently bald lady! She was wearing her work shirt, was alone and was obviously there for a treatment. As she told me about her treatment I realized she was on the very same path I had been on last year. Counting down her last five Taxol treatments and then Herceptin only. Remember those days!!! How quickly I was thrown right back into the reality that I have HAD cancer. I thank God for that short ten minutes with this lady as a physical reminder. And one of my ladies (as I call them) was signing in as I was leaving, she too had some hair growth and was looking as if she felt better. She has really struggled and I believe Chemo is her normal from now on. 

We all have different paths but in common, we have life. It's may not always turn out like we planned. There's bumps and bruises, yes, and there's also hope  because this life on earth is temporary. With Jesus, we have eternal life. I pray today that you look up and not down, rise up and not feel down, hold up until the situation changes.
Read Hebrews 10 and refresh your love for the Lord. I AM IN REMISSION for cancer and RE-MISSION daily to share what the Lord has done in my life and what HE can do for you. Are you willing to let Him? He is with you, He will never leave or forsake you. Thanks to you all who have sent me messages, I am praying some very specific prayers for those of you who have shared. The victory is won. Have a great weekend! "Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward." Hebrews 10:35 Happy, NORMAL, blessings, Suzanne:) 


Day#279 Normal changes alot

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture