Get Your House in Order: The Anchor Holds

"This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God's sanctuary"
Hebrews 6:19 (NLT)



The anchor holds. It keeps the ship in place. At a resting or stopping place. The anchor holds. The weight of it falls far into the sea and the ship stays in place. Until the anchor is lifted and the ship resumes it's pace, it's speed or it's cruising along the waves. The anchor holds. The rope holding the anchor is connected to the ship securely. It has to be. Whether it is for a short time, a crisis or and extended period, the anchor is the needed stability and the anchor holds. 

Without an anchor, the ship cannot stay in one place for long. One swift wind is all it takes to set motion. Possibly in a wrong direction. Definitely at risk for off course. Drifting aimlessly.  Every ship must have both an anchor and a captain. The captain knows the territory. And the anchor holds.

This has been swirling around in my mind all weekend. Calling to the captain and throwing in the anchor! Surely I have been here before? It just appears to be unchartered waters. Nothing is new under the sun. "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." Ecclesiastes 1:9  I have severed all connection except to the rope. Or as it says in the scriptures, the vine. I have held tightly to the vine.."I am the vine, you are the branches: He that stays in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing." John 15:5 Without a doubt, the anchor holds. There is hope because the weight has been thrown overboard and is holding down the ship, not me. "..let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perserverance the race marked out for us." Hebrews 12:1. I wish I could say that I threw it out earlier...spent a little time drifting before I realized the enemy was trying to get me way off course. Just a temporary distraction. Ummm, no. Secure on the ship, anchor down. Enjoying the water. The Living Water.

Jesus is our anchor.

He knows the territory "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. No matter where this ship may lead, the many choices, decisions and changes along the way....the true anchor holds. For that I am forever grateful. What a blessing!

Day#274 At the sea
Blessings,
Suzanne

P.S. Did you see the Red Moon Lunar Eclipse tonight? The four of us were in the front yard watching it come out and disappear...God's handiwork is pretty awesome!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence