Get Your House in Order:THROUGH

"Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."
Psalm 23:4

Magnet made by Luke 2015

He just handed it to me and said " I want you to have this." The four of us were walking to our car, after church and this priceless gift was placed... right in my hand. By my own son, who too, had walked THROUGH the battle with me. He is twelve now and that was six and half years ago. Their Sunday school assignment was to write down something that God had shown himself mighty in your life. Speechless. 

There is so much to love about this simple piece of an index card. It's written in red, reminding me of the blood of Jesus that he shed for us all on the cross. The red square jewel, four corners, four of us who endured, each dealing with it in our way, but still connected. The words. I can't even... 

"Healed my Mom through cancer."

Healed. Past tense. 
Through. 
Cancer period. I love the period. Especially from Luke, he tends to get in a hurry and forget punctuation...not this time. Period. Amen.

Thank you my sweet Luke for always pointing me to the Lord, with your words and your actions. 

My heart is heavy for so many who are going "THROUGH" some kind of trial right now. This was a great reminder that there is hope beyond our circumstances and a God who knows our every need. His strength is made perfect in our weakness. In the beginning, middle and end, God is with us. 

 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
 Hebrews 11:1 

"When He reached the house and went in, the blind men came to Him, and Jesus said to them, Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They said to Him, "Yes, Lord." Matthew 9:28

Day#240  He is able
Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture