Get Your House in Order: Throwback Thursday

"Open to me the gates of righteousness; I will go through them and I will praise the Lord . This is the gate of the Lord through which the righteous shall enter."
Psalm 119:19


Nashville Zoo 2013

We went to Nashville during Spring Break, back in 2013, for the SEC basketball tournament. The kids and I decided to venture out one of the days and visit the Zoo. When buying our tickets, I went ahead and purchased the tokens for the train. It's what we do at the Birmingham Zoo, so I just assumed I was on top of my game and covering all the activities!

We were having the best time....and then we saw it. A small circular track and the tiniest little train you have ever seen. I am surprised it did not say three years old and younger! We could not stop laughing. But.....we HAD tokens...soooo, we stood in line, and they rode it.. around and around the track. It's a picture that still makes us laugh every time we see it so thought I would share!

Isn't that the way life is sometimes? You think you are doing it all right and then you realize it wasn't what you signed up for, it actually doesn't look anything like you were expecting. That is what usually gets me in trouble. Expectations. Mine own that is. Through many twists and turns I am learning (and getting lots of practice) to look to the Lord and His expectations as my guide, not my own  or anyone else's for me. Sometimes it is just as funny as this little train and other times not so funny, but quite difficult. In Hebrews 12:11 it says "Now, no chastening (discipline) seems to be joyful for the present, but grievous; nevertheless afterward, it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it." I rest in this promise.  All aboard!!!

Day#242 Peaceable fruit


Blessings,
Suzanne




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture