Get Your House in Order: Nook off the Master

"The law of the Lord is perfect, 
converting the soul (restoring);
 The testimony of the Lord is sure,
 making wise the simple."
Psalm 19:7

Upstairs Nook Before

This is our little nook as you come up the stairs to the master bedroom. It has been full of boxes until tonight...And hey, Jeff put up artwork, beat me to it! The popcorn celing has to go, a light color and hopefully we can fit two chairs and  a small table there. The door goes to a small section of the attic (more on that soon).


Doorway to Bedroom from Nook Before

 The door way to our bedroom. Eventually we will put hardwoods throughout upstairs...maybe when we open up the stairs? And can't wait to get the fireplace painted. Did I tell you there was popcorn walls, please let me know if you have ever seen that. Guess it does add texture, but like I said I like my popcorn at the movies, not on ceilings and walls:)

Stairs Nook Before

Stairs coming up from the hallways.. I actually like the lantern light fixture in brushed gold. This is the door to the big ole attic that stretches across the house! All kinda stuff is stored up there right now. It sure is nice to have all this storage space! We have a huge closet that is in desparate need of an organization system! There's a door in the closet leading to an area big enough for a small bedroom and another bath. Or we can extend our bath. Umm, all of this little by little. As I said, there's lots of possibilities.

That being said..lots of possibilities..means lots of work, time and money:) It's a little overwhelming but fun at the same time. I am thankful, very thankful. The Lord just keeps bringing me back to the revelation where I know, that I know, He is in every detail of this whole process. So much has taken place to get us to this point. Trusting Him to give us vision and patience is where I long to dwell. It is not about this house, it is about our hearts that house our Savior and Lord. This is just icing on the cake for me. Give me Jesus, any day over any thing. I read this verse yesterday which goes right in line with these words "Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him." John 6:27  Once again, I am so thankful for this home because He put us here, in His way, for His Glory. Amen.

I told Abby that as we were driving home, from the lake, I couldn't wait to get back HOME. I feel like this house hugs me (haha). I can see past where it is now, because I see what it can be. For now, I am content with what it is.
Home.

Day#225 Contentment in Christ

Blessings,
Suzanne



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence