Get Your House in Order: Dining Room

"..discretion will watch over you, understanding will guard you"
Proverbs 2:11
Dining Room with our Table Before

Dining Room Before (Balloon Shade original to house:)

I have always enjoyed entertaining..holidays, birthdays, grilling out, dinner together, whatever! I took a little hiatus from that, and before I knew it, realized I had barely had anyone over to our home in about five years. Granted I was getting back on my feet some of those, but once I began opening the house up again, I remembered how much I missed it. And isn't it true that your'e is never cleaner than when you are having company?

The new dining room is big enough for our farmhouse table and I have already claimed a spot for Abby and Luke's baby portraits on each side of the buffet (have always wanted to put those in the dining room but didn't have room at other house). Oh,  and the new buffet, yes, the one that used to be our bedroom dresser and was a nightmare. Haha. It's a great piece of furniture but it was not the wisest choice for function. I am all about practical and function in a room.

My prayer for this room is that the Lord will send all kinds of people to sit and fellowship, as He did at our old table. To host not only lunch and dinner, but bible study and prayer time and lots of coffee or tea..with family, friends, old and new and neighbors. I pray that this house is used to further the kingdom of God in any way that He chooses to do so. It doesn't matter if it's painted or you have to step over boxes right now, the table is clear. It only matters who gathers. Who He gathers here.

Let us gather together
Amen.

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
Matthew 18:20

Day #216 At the Table
Blessings,
Suzanne
P.S. I have started over reading Proverbs again..each day I will post a verse from that Proverb..smile! How about you, have you read through Proverbs yet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture