Get Your House in Order: The Den

"Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law."
Psalm 119:18
Den Fireplace Before
The den is the room on the other side of the wall..... that is going to come a tumbling down!!

Kitchen Other side of Wall Before
We plan to open up part of the staircase as well and rework the fireplace...add an antique mantle, pull off the wood facing and paint the brick. I love the windows on each side which could maybe be turned into doors out to the deck if we want to make that change later (when we screen that in..the list goes on and on..haha).

Den Before

The blue paint color is over grasscloth, thinking more neutral color but keeping the grasscloth for texture. Some wood blinds and panels for the windows. Oh, and when the wall comes down, the plan is to lay hardwoods throughout den and kitchen, so removing the carpet.

Den Before

To be honest, writing this all out helps me to brainstorm about different options. Feel free to throw some ideas at us..we are up for anything at this point. Definitely want to open it up. The layout and bones of this house are wonderful,It's just that some of the small spaces could be joined together and make it more functional and spacious!

And sorry for the terrible pictures...I still love my Iphone 5 but clearly the picture quality is not up to par! I need to be using Jeff's good camera...it's on my list (of lists, of lists, of lists)! Anyway, for now it's a cozy room with our furniture in it and that's about it...so thankful!

Makes me wonder what areas in my life I need to be "opened up" ? Believe I am aware of plenty. However, in this new season, it just seems that there are new doors opening up as a result of tearing some other things down, removing some things, replacing some thoughts/behaviors and just letting the Lord control my life, not me. Amazing how much more room I have. "I pray the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which  he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people." Ephesians 1:18

Day#231 Open the eyes of my heart Lord

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture