Get Your House in Order: Starting Over

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding but acknowledge him in all your ways and he will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:-5-6

Taking a walk yesterday was non-negotiable. It was hot, I had limited time, but I was determined. Right after lunch, I put on the coolest thing I had, and headed out the door. I had just got going good when I heard footsteps behind me and panting. Oh no. Yep. My dog, Boston had made his way up the street without his shock collar and without a leash. So I walked him back home and STARTED OVER.

I was a little further down the street and I see the kids coming straight for me on the golf cart. Abby says "You know it's about to really start raining so don't go far." I should have listened or got on the golf cart with them. Instead I made the choice to go on down that big hill, enjoying the sunshine...slowing getting covered over by black clouds. I got almost to the bottom of the hill when a few rain drops hit me. I begin to jog. I haven't done that in a while, this will be good, I think. The rain gets heavier and I turn that jog around and went back like I came. However, realized what a big hill I had just walked down and I STARTED OVER.

As I walked in the rain, up the hill, I began writing this post in my head. The past five months began to pass through my mind and I could relate them to the very place I was right then. I was all set and ready to get our house on the market. I thought everything in "order", you know getting my house in order and all! And then came the first contract and inspection. Which fell through after two weeks. So we STARTED OVER.

Next came the new contract and we put a contract on a house. Our contract on that house fell through for various reasons and we finally closed on our house on June 5th. We moved everything in storage and moved in with Jeff's parents until we could find another house. It felt like it did yesterday, one minute the sun was shining the next minute it was pouring down rain with thunder and lightning. And all up hill!!It has not been the easiest time, thus why I have not been able to update much on it. I will say it has been a time, once again, to solely rely on God. Period. To help me get through the rain. And then we STARTED OVER.

We found a house a few weeks ago and are planning to close at the end of the week! There are so many possibilities with this house! And guess what? It has criss-cross windows. Just like the one I loved so much at our old house. Must be our signature. Meant to be. Sometimes our walks in life don't end up like we start out. We can rest assure that though we may have to start over and over, God's plan is always best. Our part is to trust and obey.

More to come on the new adventure of our "fixer upper." By the way, I came home from my walk, not a dry spot on me, got in the shower and STARTED OVER..smile!

Day#203 You can always start over
Blessing,
Suzanne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture