Get Your House in Order: My Very First House

"that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;"
Romans 10:9

Baby Dedication at Sardis 1973

We took a stroll down memory lane. It was time to tackle the big drawer of pictures at Mom and Dad's house and begin to sort them. As we thumbed through piles of picture, each one had a memory, a time that was captured in just that moment. I was reminded of how simple life is when you are a child.  I love this picture of my baby dedication in 1973. Of course, I don't remember it. However, I remember my parent's memory and story they have told me through the years about this special day. I was the first baby to be dedicated in the new church. Those smiles on Mom, Dad and Stephen's faces (and my baby face)...being dedicated to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ..fills my heart and makes me smile as I write. Forty-two years later, I smile as that baby girl did because He is MY LORD!!!



And what a great time to share a picture of my very first home in Covington, Georgia. The house I lived in the for the first five years of my life! It was out in the "country" with a pasture and a barn...Abby would have loved it there! The only thing I remember about the inside was my blue bunk beds and my lamp with pink roses on it, that I had to have on at night . (I ended up in my parent's bed every night anyway). Isn't it an adorable house though?

I am now looking forward to going through the next couple of drawers of pictures! And motivated to get all these snapshots on my phone and computer printed!

Day#189 Pictures bring memories to life
Blessings,
Suzanne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture