Get Your House in Order: Cancer Connections

"For we are God's fellow workers, you are God's field, you are God's building."
1 Corinthians 3:9
October 2010 Breast Cancer Awareness Month

 I met a fellow breast cancer warrior today at a lunch for work..I spotted her when she walked in the room. I waited until I heard several of them talking about about hair growth, that was my cue to jump in the conversation.  I looked her in the eyes (that was so important to me when I was bald) and told her I was six years out and another lady Immediately said "oh we can have hair that long in six years, huh? So there was warrior two and then another walked up talking about  her experience and how she loved wearing hats and scarves, no wigs for her..number three. Sweet unity that comes through life's trials.  My new friend said she had just finished chemo..yahhh for her... and her doctor was in the same group as mine. She talked of how tired she had been. (Totally get it, like no tired you have ever been!) But that was getting better and  she thanked me for sharing and gave me the biggest hug as she left with her lunch. Wow. Out of everything today, and it was a great one, this was the best part. God's hand all over it!


"But God made the earth by his power; he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding." Jeremiah 10:12Hi, I am writing to you all tucked in bed, but had way too much dialogue going on in my head to sleep. I felt really empowered before I got to the cancer center so it's no surprise that it went well. Dr. Bondly said it was anemic due to the chemo, therefore, that explains the fatigue. And since I am having no nausea, she said not to worry about taking an iron supplement right now. My red blood cell count was high enough for me to keep moving forward and get one more treatment under my belt. I am trying to eat more fresh fruit and vegetables to boost my immune system, desiring more than anything to be healthy. I try to do that anyway and need to reintroduce my body to eating that way again!Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit where He dwells and I need to honor Him in making good choices. I think today, more than anything, was very familiar and comfortable. They have the best nurses at the cancer center and now seeing them on a week to week basis, I really admire their care for the patients. Many relationships are formed there I am sure. The place wasn't packed today, like usual and I love passing three empty chairs as I walked, holding my IV pole, to the bathroom.For some reason that gave me a peace. I also noticed that there's only twelve stalls instead of twenty. I was happy to stay back in the treatment room while waiting  to make sure my levels were up enough for treatment. I was happy (for the first time) to see my basket of IV bags before me. I sat and read my own writing on caring bridge and was amazed at God's power. I was happy that I had breakfast with Dad beforehand at Bogue's (my new pre-chemo Place) and we were able to share some of my story with the waitress. I was happy that Jeff was there and brought me home and tucked me in for nap. My heart has been aware and filled with thanksgiving of all these things to be grateful for and to focus on the finish line. I have nine more to go. So far I have had no neuropathy, thank you Lord. I need to buy stock in Vitamin water, it seems to be the only thing, the first days after treatment that doesnt have a bad taste. So, a good report from chemo today I say!

 I continue to surrender all this at the feet of Jesus. He is good.
I trust Him with my life so there's no need trying to figure it all out, just like it says in Romans 11:33 "Oh, the depth of riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgements and his paths beyond tracing out." He is in control of that has been and is to come, I rest in that, wholly yielded to his sovereignty and wisdom. In any given situation and I know many of you are going through hard times at this moment...keep you eyes on Him and not on the naysayers, He specializes in the impossible, if only we would come to Him as our first love, his heir. I have spent years trying to figure out, figure out, figure out, what are you doing God...here again, I say, I will wait in His waiting room, without complaint, and take my hand off of it. All the while watchful to see his Mighty hand continuing to bless me and my family daily. I am adding prayer requests daily to bring before the Lord for you. So sign the guestbook, you don't have to write a novel like me just say hello, I look forward to it, I know that God is moving among us and drawing close his children to pray, fast and reach out with His love. I am sure that your prayers and those of people you have shared my story with, are the reason I am happy with the outcome of the chemo today. My body is protected under the blood of Jesus. My spirit is being made whole, doors are opening and my happiness equates to the joy above my circumstance. I love you and God loves you.Spend some time with Him, build an everlasting relationship that will "lack no good thing." Read Romans 11. "For him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! amen." Romans 11:36 Blessings,Suzanne

Day#191 We will overcome
Blessings,
Suzanne


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture