Get Your House in Order: Refined

"The horse is made ready for the day of war, 
but power to overcome is from the Lord."
Proverbs 21:31

Abby at her lesson..Rocking S Farms!!!

It sure was nice to be out at the farm yesterday (and celebrate Suzanne's birthday, we love you:))! A welcomed break, some fresh air and time to sit in the sunshine. My pace has been fast and my steps have many but I know that the Lord is leading me closer to Him as I travel along. This move has been the biggest test of my faith since I had cancer. So much has been parallel to that journey and yet the consistency is the faithfulness of my Father. I see it in such a different light though. It's all the same to God. He is more interested in our character than our comfort. Tests bring testimony. The Glory is His.

All of our circumstances in life are to teach us to be more like Him. Refinement takes us through the fire. We don't stay there. We come out. Better than when we went in. (See Daniel 3 about the Hebrew boys who were thrown in the fire because they refused to compromise) "And the princes, governors, and captains, and the king's counselors, being gathered together, saw these men upon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was a hair of their head singed, neither were their coats changed nor had the smell of fire passed onto them." Daniel 3:27

It has been good for me to be in the fire, to feel the heat, the uncertainty, and the pressure as a "check" to rely, not on myself, but on Jesus. He guides me step by step. One day at a time. One hour at a time. Every breath. I adore Him. He has the victory! Be encouraged, the fight of faith is the only fight we have!

Day#134 Refined by Fire
Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture