Get Your House in Order: Kids Bathroom

"Great is the Lord; and greatly to be praised! 
And His greatness is unsearchable."
Psalm 145:3


Abby's Vanity Area


The kids bathroom is just about the last room on the list to complete the Gentilly Drive home  tour:)Finding this large size bathroom with a doable color 1950's tile color was a selling point for me in our house! There is ALOT of tile in this bathroom, certainly shows it's age and that's what I love about it. It is placed right in the middle of Abby and Luke's rooms in the hallway. And it has developed nicely over the years into their own space.  Abby uses it more than Luke..girls have way more to do than boys to get ready!! 


Here's a view from the door. Double sinks and cabinet on each end. Plenty of drawers and cabinet space. Of which I cleaned out a few months ago...old bath toys, plastic figures, rocks and treasures from many bath times in the tub (sniff, sniff). The white floors had carpet over them when we bought the house? It's not the easiest to keep clean with kids and dogs but I have to say I love the character of it as well.


I have finally found the right color to go with this tile, a soft gray. I added some white to my leftover dining room paint and came up with the right color! Red accents from the painting and tray add some pop since my kiddos like the brighter colors!


I would not say this is the best picture. I had to take down the shade to paint the window and have failed to replace it yet. Coming soon! I love the stain glass the Jeff picked out. And have and L and an A on each side to mark the kids territory. I have a thing for keys (to the kingdom) and found the one above the window at Hobby Lobby. Though I have trouble keeping up with my own...:0


We have a nice size linen closet (FULL). And look at this built in towel racks...two of my favorite art pieces as reminders...the white cross and to give thanks in all things!


Keeping the original cabinetry and replacing the knobs is an easy way to make a change without spending much money. I found these knobs at World Market. The prior ones were silver.

Well, that completes the bathroom tour. I am almost done with rooms of the house. And we are getting closer to placing into the hands of another family. I pray that they will love it as much as we have! God has certainly shown His greatness through every milestone, joy, pain and dream in this home. I cannot wait to see what He has planned for the next one. "For the Lord is the great God and the great King above all gods." Psalm 95:3

Enjoy your day!

Day#122 Focus on the greatness of God not the greatness of life's circumstances
Blessings, 
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence