Get Your House in Order:Luke's Room

"Devote yourselves to prayer; stay alert in it with thanksgiving."
Colossians 4:2


Luke's room is tucked in the middle of our room and Abby's room and has two big closets! He was ready for a change from a bunk bed to a full size bed and a more middle school look.
Green like the astro turf on a football field, is the color of choice for his room! I had picked out the khaki and blue striped duvet from Pottery Barn and orange made the perfect accent color. He's the only Auburn fan in the house and sticking to it! I got the  pillow shams and orange pillow  at Ikea (love) and the big fish pillow came from Nonna a few years ago! We are still needing a headboard in here! The nightstand is a yard sale find that I painted and added new pulls. 


One of Luke's favorite sayings is "Good times, Good times" so I hung the sign in his room:) Along with some license plates from Papa's collection, a Vestavia Rebels and a Bo Jackson quote plates..it makes that space above the closets more interesting !



This is his desk/study area.. the bulletin board says "Just be You"...


And this is his old bunkbed. And blue bunny on top that he one at the Easter Egg hunt many moons ago (still in attic, haha). He had a nautical theme in his room with blue and red for years. He still loves to fish for sure. I can say how much I loved that bed but I sure am glad I don't bump my head on it anymore, it was a little low.  So glad another little friend is enjoying it now!


We also did some decluttering in Luke's room when we rearranged. And moved the bookshelf to the playroom. Those plaid panels were in his nursery, adored them. 
 This was his desk area then. Though there was no homework in those days. Wow has middle school piled it on this year. His desk has been occupied!

I couldn't resist putting this in..one of his birthdays I wrapped his gifts and had them on his bed!

I will never forget when he was born and we had a twin bed in his nursery. After two months, Jeff asked if I was ever coming back to our room. He was such a peaceful baby. And at most times (haha) now he still brings that same peace to me. His childlike faith in God blows me away. I have spent plenty of nights in this room, many days, mornings and afternoons as well, with the most thoughtful fellow I know. I love how much he loves his room, flag football and basketball! But I love more the times he tells me what he is praying about or what God has shown him lately. And then he moves on about to the next thing. 
What a blessing you are, Luke!

Day#104 Change with the seasons
Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture