Get Your House in Order: Oncology One Year Check Up

"Hear my voice, O God, in my meditation;
 Preserve my life from fear of the enemy."



Psalm 64:1

Dr Cara Bondly and me at my five year check-up..Milestone

It's been a year since I have seen her. It felt like a vacation in itself, to not have to go to the doctor for  a cancer check-up! One  whole year! Though I will be happy to see my oncologist, Dr Cara Bondly, I would prefer in the hall at the hospital. But then again, I come to my senses and I begin to thank the Great and Mighty God for His Glory, that has touched lives that otherwise never could have been reached, through the pain and suffering. After all, His own Son died on the cross for our sins, after much rejection, pain and suffering. This takes the "me" out it. It isn't about me. So the day after Easter, I am still fixed upon the cross!  And even six years down the road, He uses this part of my story, almost daily.

Old Cancer Treatment where I had mine

It will be my first visit to the new Cancer Center. I told Jeff about a week ago, "I think I will just reschedule my oncology appointment, I don't want to come back into town from vacation and deal with that." I went to bed that night praying and thinking about it. The next morning, I felt completely different. No more can I put things off that need to be dealt with in the right timing. Fear from the enemy will get you to make all kinds of wrong choices  and decisions. Believe me, the flesh will wear you out and leave you there! So, I made the decision. I gave my fear to God and now I am free to walk through my ONE YEAR check-up/ SIXTH Year process. 

5 year Check-up, Remission


I am planning to be holding up one more finger for six come Tuesday! The usual drill is blood work-up on the day of appointment and then they don't call you unless there is an issue. I have been called back several times for low iron or Vitamin D. I used to have to brace myself every appointment and allow myself to go down the "what ifs" road but those days are over. Why? Because of the Jesus. It is finished! By His stripes I am healed (Isaiah 53:5). Healed is healed. Here or there. I am healed. After talking with countless cancer warriors, I am comforted in knowing I am not alone, ever, this is a normal part of the process.

Yet, we are able to move forward, to all that life has to give us, God is with us.

I am believing for no red flags, my white one has already been waved ,as surrender to, Thy will be done, Lord. It is a whole new chapter for our family....MORE TO COME ON THAT, CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE WITH YOU TOMORROW!

Day#96 Never take lightly what the Lord has done!
Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture