Get Your House in Order: Abby's Room

"Take delight in the LORD, 
and he will give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4 



We redecorated Abby's room in 2013..for the fourth time, in this home! 
It started out as a horse theme but now just kinda feels rustic. She picked the color and loves it. Mom made the lined panels from chocolate chevron fabric for her. I found these three hanging wood-like pieces from Target in a set. 

The built-in was reconfigured, taking off the corner counter top and and making a matching alcove for twin beds! I painted it the same tan color as the bookcase in the den and we added cabinet doors to the shelves! This picture was taken just as we were putting the room together.


My favorite is the handmade wood headboards. Our friends, who happen to be great carpenters, did a fantastic job pulling this off to look like a barn door. They turned out better than I could have imagined and she will have these for a while for sure!


And now she has a full size bed look...she wanted to try putting the beds together (and to have more room for her and her dog Harley..smile). Her pet rats have the gigantic cage in the corner. Her little animal kingdom inside her pretty room.


The horse show ribbons!!! And her bearded dragons are in the cage she and Jeff made together.



This is the before picture, yes another green. I like for them to pick out their colors, it's their space! 


This is the counter we removed and you can see that Abby likes a bunch of stuff. She has thinned it out over the years and is enjoying a more simplified look now. Her stuffed animals are packed away in the attic, for any of you who remember her rather large collection!


This is a little wall beside her closet. A couple of pieces of her art work. Letters from Anthropology. A TV she no longer watches and one of my favorite reminders "Live the life you have imagined."

Many a prayer I have had for my girl and with my girl in this room. Many a night I have even slept in this room. I have watched her develop her interests in art and love of animals in her masterpieces and vet sets!Most of all I have seen her growth in the Lord in this room. I see her bible and devotion book on the side of her bed. She doesn't tell me everything but I am thankful she feels comfortable sharing most things. That we can work through. Come back to and pray over. It just doesn't seem possible for her to fifteen years old! God has taught me so much through her!What a blessing!

Day#101 Nurture their interests
Blessings,
Suzanne




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture