Get Your House in Order: Den Before and Afters

"By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches."
Proverbs 24:3-4


Our painted fireplace and wood ceiling

When someone comes to our home, I usually guide them directly from our small foyer, through the galley kitchen and into the den. It is the most used room (besides the kitchen for me) in our home. I usually say "This is where we live!" Two years ago, we finally painted the brick or I finally convinced Jeff to let me paint the brick..haha! It turned out exactly as I had imagined, lighter and brighter! I used the color  "Marshmellow" from Sherman Williams. Jeff also installed the wood ceiling, piece by piece, on top of the old ceiling. I had painted the same gold as the room. So we enjoyed it a good ten years first!

Red brick Fireplace before we painted it


Here is a picture from Christmas one year, with the fire burning, we so love cold weather with a fire, America's Funniest Home Videos and hot chocolate. 

The den now

The french doors were one of the first home improvements we made twelve years ago. There were two sliding glass doors there before. The doors lead out to the backyard. We prop them open quite often on Spring Days.

Den about five years ago

Yellow/Gold walls, hunter green panels and alot of leather (rug included). This furniture arrangement still works best in the room. 


Now we have the color "Wool Skein" on the walls with blue, taupe and some green accents. 


This is my little reading area. I come here every morning, with my coffee,bible and Journal..ready to meet with the Lord. It's funny that I rarely sit there any other time of day. Oh yea, I don't sit down much:))



These built-ins were painted along with the fireplace and the cabinet doors replaced (Cabinet Components, Thanks Pop). The shelves have been rearranged a hundred times!

The original bookshelf cabinet

Abby and Luke showing me their Thanksgiving corn many moons ago


Look at these two little wild Indians with their painted t-shirts on. That hearth has had all kinds of toys on it over the years. Luke used to scare me so bad pulling up on it when he was a baby. Abby would use it as a stage from time to time. And many a picture has been taken there for special occasions!

Thank you Lord, for this room that has blesses us year after year.
 For all the play dates, family and friends who we have enjoyed hanging out with here and for the morning prayer time. For all the furry friends that have enjoyed the space that have come and gone. Most of all Lord, I thank you for the people I share this room with day after day. I thank you for your presence in this room and in this house and in our hearts. It is your house, you established it. May we look to you to meet all of needs and to grow closer to you more each day. Amen

"Prepare your work outside; get everything ready for yourself in the field, and after that build your house" Proverbs 24:27

Day#90 Make your house your home
Blessings,
Suzanne



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture