Get Your House in Order: Crockpot Flop

"Acquaint now thyself with Him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee."
Job 22:21
A little bit of Easter in the kitchen...


Raise your hand if you love coming home to a dinner that is almost ready in the crockpot? To leave the house knowing that I don't have to think much about cooking dinner when I get home, is a relief on a busy day. Which in this season, feels like every day.

Yesterday I had the plan to make a new chicken and dumplings, only three ingredient, crockpot recipe. First mistake, I forgot to check and see if you used frozen or thawed chicken. Second mistake, I should have put the chicken in the crockpot that morning. Third mistake, it did not have long enough to cook. So what do you think dinner was like last night? Jeff said "well the peas are good" (haha). Luke said "I am still hungry, I think I need something less gooey" (makes me laugh writing it). What on earth? Abby said she had been snacking all day and wasn't hungry. I ate a small portion, mainly chicken, because it just seemed so wasteful. And it was, but really I went about the whole process, completely wrong. Instead of putting it together before I left for work, I tried to pull it off, after school. I will not try that again! And if anyone has made this recipe and like it, please forward yours to me :)

Taking a shortcut with a crockpot, not the best idea. I started thinking about how I do that with God. I spend my hour or so in the morning with Him and then I am off to the races. Some days I feel that I am with Him, praying over everything, and He is always with me. Other days I try and throw together  a quick prayer in the afternoon if I start getting stressed. My best days are when I keep the conversation with Him going all day long. Kinda like a crockpot recipe, that's been cooking all day, my heart and attitude are more peaceful. It's just as important that my heart be right when Jeff and the kids are here as it is to have dinner on the table.  I know all too well how important it is to keep my attitude in check so I can help them through the rest of their day, as well as take good care of myself. God being the One who is the ultimate Helper to us all!

What has helped me the most is memorizing scripture. Knowing scripture helps me to pray God's word at anytime, for any need. Especially when I tell someone I will pray for them.

 "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105 

"Wisdom is the principal thing:therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding."  Proverbs 4:7

"There  hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man" but God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
1 Corinthians 10:13

Day #77 Prepare early not later

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture