Get Your House in Order: Maintaining

"I have set the Lord always before me; 
Because He is at my right hand
 I shall not be moved."
Psalm 16:8

Sunday afternoon Headbands Game February 2014

The first verse in reading Psalm 16 today was "Preserve me, O God for in You I put my trust." And it was a prelude to my prayers all day long. I read verse eight to Mom at 5:30 am this morning on the phone which says "I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand I shall not be moved." She said she had always loved that verse.

I will be honest. I was a rough day for Mom. We found out her breathing has not improved since she was admitted on Sunday, but the good news is, she is not worse either. Chest X-rays have not changed much. The pulmonologist did a brochoscopy and we should get the pathology reports back tomorrow, they were  checking for infection and how to treat. Her lungs have been damaged by the methotrexate and it going to take some time to reverse those effects and heal. She was dealing with a good bit of anxiety today, likely from all the meds but it made for a hard day. She is weak, but they plan to get her up tomorrow and maybe start some physical therapy (of course, that makes me happy). The Lord is strengthening her.....

I ask that you pray for her to sleep well, that her oxygen levels stay normal, that she begins to turn around tomorrow, that her chest x-rays become clear and that her lungs be restored back to the way they are supposed to be, Amen.  She looked at me when I was leaving and said "Tomorrow is going to be better." I believe that. We shall not be moved.

And keep praying for Dad as he walks this with her.  She was talking about what a good nurse he is and anytime today that she had that oxygen mask off for more than a second, he was ready to tell her to put it back on. So she named him the mask patrol:) It reminded me of when Abby was a about six months old, eating baby food and  I was so "by the book". Mom would be feeding her something and here I would come with fruit to make sure Abby had a balanced meal. So she would look at Abby and say here comes the fruit patrol! Makes me laugh writing it! She is a mess for sure.

So we wait. On results. On progress. But never on God. He is already there! And I continue to pray Thy will be done. I loved finding the picture from last year's Headbands game. I don't think we have played it since but that sure was a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon!!

I can't thank you all enough for the prayers, messages,texts and emails! And one more request, for Abby and Luke, as this has been a little scary to them and with me being away, it caused some uneasiness. Though I believe it is an excellent life experience to see God working in all of it through their GiGi. Thanks to Jeff for being so supportive and keeping me grounded when I wanted to just sit down and cry.  I am maintaining strength only because Jesus dwells within me. How amazing.

Day #41 Focus on maintaining what you change 

Blessings,
Suzanne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

31 Days of Pink: Fear Of Recurrence