Get Your House in Order: Expected Snow

"To the end that my glory may sing praise to You
 and not be silent. O Lord my God, 
I will give thanks forever."
Psalm 30:12


First grade, Big snow in Douglasville, Ga

Snow is all the rage around this house tonight...the excitement, the wonder and the ease of knowing there is no school tomorrow! Oh to be a kid again! I have proof from the picture,  first grade, Douglasville, Georgia, (sporting those boots) that I too, had a little fun once upon a snow day! In the south, we it's such a treat because it's not the norm. And yes, we go bizerk with a few inches:) We have food, a fireplace, coffee and hot chocolate, all set!!

The anticipation of  snow and ice has had it's highs and lows the past two weeks. And even Luke said to me yesterday "I am giving up on it even snowing this year." I got it. He was disappointed. Let down from what he expected. Yet today, he has been updating me quite frequently about "the big snow ." As for me, I am just excited that my car gets to stay in park all day tomorrow. So stay tuned, only tomorrow will tell!

If you haven't already, read Psalm 30 today. I spent time on the twelve verses as well as all the reference verses....here are a few that stood out to me:

Psalm 28:9"Save your people, and bless your inheritance; shepherd them also, and bear them up forever.

Psalm 30:2-3 "O Lord, my God, I cried out to you and you have healed me. O Lord, You brought my soul up  from the grave; You kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit."

Isaiah 53:6 "All we like sheep have gone astray;  We have turned, every one to his own way; and The Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all." 

Psalm 30:5 "For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning."

Snow or no snow, who knows? God's word  changes your life, know for sure. 

Day#55 Focus on enjoying what is to come
Blessings,
Suzanne

P.S. Luke just came in asking if we had a sled or cookie sheets..haha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Your House in Order: Cancer Awareness & Giveaway

On Your Mark

Get Your House In Order: Sunday Scripture